Friday, March 16, 2007

Adah of BuffanBlu

Here they still look at me, the school of mostly Rachel's. It seems as though everyone has another one just like them, a twin. My twin isnt so similar, sucking the potential out of me while still in the womb. The cause of my hanicap, my "gift from god". I manage to limp behind but only due to my incapable left half. In my new academic life i am an Impala, like the ones we longed for in Africa rejoicing after a successfull hunt. I stride along in unison with the pack, once in a while i even leap ahead, gaining the edge I never will physically. They other students stare at me with the streak of competitiveness in their eyes. A 16th century proverb states that a persons eyes are the windows to their souls, if this is true, these souls are on fire. Fire, hire, higher, a dire need for knowledge and growth fuels the inferno of heated examinations. A heavy fog hangs in the air thick with persistent contest, I am glad because for once I can compete.

No comments: