Friday, February 9, 2007

Stuck For Life

So heres a draft for my this I believe podcast-

I believe in fathers. I believe in mothers. I believe in brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, and cousins. I believe in grandparents, in-laws, nieces, and nephews. I believe in family.
Throughout your life, you are constantly connected to your family. When you are born you are the son or daughter of so-and-so. When you’re sick in the hospital they are the first to get called. When you get in trouble at school, your parents are brought in. When you file for taxes, you count your number of dependents. When you die, your obituary lists surviving family members. Your family is your emergency contact, your security blanket, your bail, and your sure shoulder to cry on, all in one. No matter what you do in life, how much money you make, the trouble you get into, or the bets you loose, you are never without family. Like it or not, you always have them, forever.
Think of a time or situation where you have been in some kind of turmoil. I remember a specific time in my own life when I was in the first grade where my family played the leading role in my emotions. It was time for recess and all the kids were lead outside onto the playground for about 20 minutes. However I decided, for reasons I cant recall, that I wanted to go watch the fifth and sixth grade choir practice. So, while the rest of the class ran around outside I snuck upstairs and hid around a corner to watch the chorus, cool huh? When it was time to go back to class I raced back to the playground so my teacher wouldn’t know where I had been. We got back to class and my teacher, Mrs. Hoe, told everyone to get out our books for silent reading, I thought I was in the clear. She then called me over to her desk and proceeded to interrogate me on my recent whereabouts. It must have been extremely hard for her to realize exactly what I had done through my tangled sentences of rebelliousness muffled by my interminable sobbing. I remembering begging her with tears rolling down my face crying, “Just please don’t tell my dad! He’ll be so mad!” The fact was that I really wasn’t upset because I had skipped recess, more so that I would be disappointing my father.
Even at the young age of 6 years old, I knew how important it was for my dad to be proud of me. Disappointing him was worthy of being sentenced to a life of endless time out, which at that age is really the worst thing in the world. We all have this universal pride in our families, and weather we realize it or not, we all do our best not to let them down. And for good reason too. In my opinion, your family deserves your best effort, because especially in this day and age your family is really all you can be sure of. Weather you like it or not, you’re stuck for life.

any suggestions?

1 comment:

kRiStiNa said...

Your this i believe was really good. I totally agree with what your saying. I know that without my family, I wouldn't have made it this far in life. Seriously I think that no kid could make it without their family emotionally, physically, and financially. Good job Kacie. :]