Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Kayne Colton Leah Cassidy

The biggest thing that i found interesting while reading these essays was that 3/4 share the same veiws with each other as well as mine, in that although the media does influence the decisions we make, it is not the deciding factor that determines our values but rather there are also other things like family, religon, etc. that help us determine what we value.
So as far as reading the essay goes, i can imagine that reading essay after essay with 75% of the same ideas must be pretty burtal. Maybe it was just conincidence that we all essentialy made the same points, but im getting the feeling that that's just kind of how it works. Therefore, reading all these essays really brought out the importance of a strong voice and origianality. Something that "pops" in your essay, dragging the grader out of the sleep-deprived slump state in which theyve been for hours on end.
Another thing that I found difficult to manage was my time. I felt exteremly rushed and uneasy about my points and I think that had i made a breif outline before essentially writing my essay, my mind would have been a lot more at ease, and I think once you get in the literary groove youre able to let it all flow out, using your outline as a guide.
What worked esspecially well were specific examples. I know in Cassidys she used personal experiences and feelings that stood out, Kayne used American Idol as well. Another thing was the sentence fluency and word choice in Coltons was impressive and I definately think that aspect of the essay could really be a deciding factor for the grade you recieve.

No comments: